The position serves as the receptionist by directing all incoming phone calls during business hours and greets visitors at the administrative office. Additionally, the Receptionist provides clerical support to all staff at administrative office and program staff as needed. The Receptionist performs all clerical duties including, but not limited to, typing, filing, copying, relaying messages, and processing mail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Greet visitors and direct incoming phone calls on the phone system, take messages, page staff as necessary. Retrieve messages daily from night service.Set up voice mailboxes for new hires in administration and management
- Daily responsibility to distribute incoming mail and posting of outgoing mail.Manage conference room calendars.
- Work cooperatively with office and management staff on various administrative projects.
- Typing and word processing of correspondence and other required information
- Assist in maintaining a clean, pleasant, safe work environment
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma or vocational training in administrative skills and business, plus 4 years’ experience, or Associate’s degree in business or other appropriate major, plus 2 years’ experience.
- Microsoft Office/Outlook knowledge necessary. 50 wpm typing skills.
- Excellent phone skills; strong listening and communication skills.
- Punctual and well organized.