Mainstay Life Services, a $20M Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organization, is recruiting for the position of a variable hour Behavioral Specialist. We provide life-long care and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families across southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Responsible for processing accurate payroll in a timely manner for the agency, which includes the following systems, administrative and reporting tasks:
- Systems support includes resetting the payroll system at the start of each cycle and initiating data imports for new hires, transfers & terminations between the timekeeping and payroll systems. Assignment of roles, work rules, deductions, insurance codes, uploading leave balances, troubleshooting problems and issues.
- Ensuring accuracy of all payroll deductions, including timely remittance of 401k and HSA contributions.
- Manage, review and reconcile all Federal and State tax filings including quarterly and annual returns.
- Administrative tasks include entering all new hire information, adding new site locations, time and attendance. Also entering health insurance/HSA information when eligibility requirements are met and all other HR-related new hire entries.
- Enters existing employee personnel data changes, including but not limited to transfers, terminations, profile data changes, HR-related compliance information, etc. accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review and reconcile monthly insurance bills (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance) and ensuring bills match deductions.
- Review, calculate and reconcile staff expense reports on a bi-weekly basis.
- Develops and distributes a variety of payroll and timekeeping related reports including, error reports (missed punches, labor transfers, etc.), overtime report, wage and garnishment reports, and monthly staff expense reports.
- Four-year degree in accounting or business; or an Associate degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and two years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems and time and attendance.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
- Ability to communicate to various levels of management.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Strong Excel skills
Mainstay Life Services offers a competitive benefits package:
- Cigna HealthCare – two comprehensive plans available as low as $30 per month for employee coverage (available month following 30 days of employment),
- Dental and vision benefits also available (available month following 30 days of employment),
- Generous Health Savings Account employer annual deposit – $1,000 employee coverage/$2,000 family coverage,
- 401K – 100% employer match on first 5%,
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – from 18 to 42 days off per year with seniority,
- Tuition reimbursement and education leave for continuing education in professional field,
- Employer paid life insurance & long-term disability,
- Verizon Wireless discount on personal cell phone,
- Paid Training throughout career,
- Historic record of annual increases and bonuses for all employees.
For consideration, please forward resume to Careers@MainstayLifeServices.org with subject line “Payroll Specialist.” Please include most recent salary as well as salary expectation.
Mainstay Life Services, 200 Roessler Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V/SO