The responsibilities of the Nurse are to review the accuracy and the quality of a web-based screening instrument that detects health risks, health destabilization, and promotes a better quality of life for all people served by Mainstay Life Services. Responsibilities will include assisting in coordinating medical, health, and wellness for individuals receiving services and any specific medical skill or oversight of medical procedures for individuals receiving services as needed. This position will be a resource to the team and will bring a positive and person-centered care approach that works cooperatively with administrative and program staff. This is a position has the flexibility to telework from home on a Mainstay device as well as in the administrative office.
- Strong assessment, communication skills, and time management skills
- Proficient computer, documentation skills, and data entry
- Successful completion of the HRST online rater training
- Successful completion of the HRST virtual or onsite clinical reviewer training
- Utilization of the electronic record system, assistive technology, etc.
- Participate in meetings and workgroups as assigned
- Flexible schedule including non-traditional working hours to meet individual and program needs
- Prepare and train on medical topics as assigned or when a need is identified
- Meet with team members to review medical concerns and needs of individuals as necessary
- Conduct nursing assessments as needed
- Assist and review medical appointments, documentation, and diagnostic testing as needed
- Complete all training requirements and maintain trainer certification in DHS Medication Administration
- Assist in oversight of Medication Administration
- Assist with pharmacy related issues as needed
- Participate in QM activities as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality of individual and Mainstay Life Services information
- Understand and maintain compliance with policies and procedures
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
- Maintain current licensure
- Valid Pennsylvania Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse License with a minimum of four (4) years experience, preferably in medical/surgical or community health nursing.
- Current clearances and required certifications.
- Experience caring for individuals with I/DD and knowledge of DHS regulations preferred. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and creativity in problem solving.