Interested candidates should submit a resume (cover letter optional) to MPodsiadly@MainstayLifeServices.org. Mainstay Life Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging.
Mainstay Life Serves, a $28M nonprofit organization providing life-long, high-quality support services ensuring that people with intellectual disabilities and autism (ID/A) lead fulfilling lives, is recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Employment Specialist.
The Employment Specialist is responsible for the general growth, development and well-being of the individuals they support through the Employment Services program. Specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the Employment Specialist are as follows:
Care of Individuals
- Treat individuals with dignity and respect while giving individuals an opportunity to exercise choice.
- Integrate individuals within the community through career assessment, job development and job coaching.
- Encourage, guide, and train individuals to develop competencies for on-the-job success.
- Provide proper supervision for individuals.
- Provide supports as scheduled; follow call-off procedures when unable to provide agreed upon supports.
- Responsible for utilizing web-based billing and electronic client record systems as required.
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed on the same day of service.
- Understand, adhere to, and support agency policies and procedures.
- Understand, adhere to, and support federal, state, and county regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of all individuals’ information.
- Communicate information, problems, and concerns with supervisors and peers (as necessary).
- Responsible for attending and participating in required trainings.
- Work independently in the community with 80% billable time and 20% administrative/travel weekly.
- Perform a career assessment as dictated by funding source.
- Develop client-centered employment plan to actively obtain a community-based job.
- Partners and interacts with employers to obtain community-based jobs.
- Supports client on job site through employer interaction and accommodations that support success on-the-job and their vocational goals.
- Completes all necessary paperwork on the same day of service.
- Attends all ISP (Individual Support Plan Meetings).
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to funding sources.
- Communicates with all members of the service team.
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled, mandatory staff meetings, meetings with the individual’s support team (as necessary), training seminars, and supervisory sessions.
- Maintain appropriate professional conduct and dress.
- Participate productively and cooperatively on the staff team, with individuals, with individuals’ family members, the community, vocational providers, and educational providers.
- Follow the agency Code of Conduct.
- Assist in training new staff.
The position requires a High School Diploma/GED and five years of work experience in one of the following areas: Sales, policy, teaching, government, advocacy, or social work. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of human services, or Associate’s degree in a relevant area of human services with two years of direct care experience preferred. Valid driver’s license & use of a personal vehicle required.
Benefits for the Position
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.