DSP: Community Living Specialist
The Community Living Specialist is responsible for the general growth, development and well-being of the people they support through the Home & Community Supports program or those residing in residential housing provided by Mainstay Life Services.
Earn $17 – $18 /hour
- Care for those served with dignity and respect while providing them an opportunity to exercise choice
- Integrate those served within the community; organize and implement activities within person’s home and/or community
- Provide a safe, clean, comfortable, and therapeutic living environment for those served
- Encourage, guide, and train those served to develop competencies, including daily living skills, social skills, and interpersonal skills
- Administer medications and other health care services as prescribed by person’s health providers. This may include administering oral, topical, and/or injected medications
- Adhere to documentation and reporting requirements
- Assess and evaluate behaviors and skills of those served and complete written assessments
- Develop and implement goal plans as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Complete written service notes and report billing hours as directed
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled, mandatory staff meetings, meetings with the person’s support team (as necessary), training seminars, and supervisory sessions
- Full Time and Casual/Flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligibility for Act 33/34 clearances
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Must be 18 years of age
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.