Program Supervisor – Prader Willi Syndrome ProgramErica Lorenz-Hays
The program manager/supervisor has responsibility for assigned individuals residing in residential home(s) provided by Mainstay Life Services and is responsible for the general growth, development, and well-being of those individuals. Duties include administrative tasks associated with managing the residential program(s), management and counseling of direct care, and staff development. The program manager/supervisor must have the ability to follow the leadership model and act as the liaison for outside organizations. Involvement in agency committee(s) is encouraged.
Care of Individuals/Administrative Duties:
- Promoting agency philosophy to ensure high levels of individual care through community integration, individual choice and development of individuals’ competencies, while treating individuals with respect and dignity.
- Developing, reviewing, and supervising the implementation of all residential programming for assigned individuals; including ISP program plans and program activities. Ensure that these programs promote the growth of the individuals.
- Maintaining and managing the electronic client records system to ensure proper and timely documentation, reporting, communication, training and attendance.
- Coordinating and completing assessments.
- Participating in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Providing direct care as required/needed to ensure the safety and well-being of assigned individuals. This may involve providing shift coverage as needed, crisis intervention, providing transportation, and attending medical appointments.
- Ensure medical, emotional and social needs of individuals are met.
- Follow up with medical recommendations as set by regulations.
- Ensure adherence to agency, county, state, federal, and other regulators.
- Maintaining positive and effective relationships with families, other care providers, ISC’s and the general community.
- Maintain required documentation. Ensure accurate record keeping.
- Adhere to agency’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensure accurate and efficient management of all financial records and accounts.
- Ensure a safe, clean, comfortable, and therapeutic living environment through management of all household responsibilities, including employee scheduling, maintenance of home and van, grocery shopping, menu planning, home improvements and house cleaning.
- MAR review; trained as a medication supervisor.
- Review/approve time sheets, leave requests, travel reimbursement, etc.
- Supervise assigned staff, ensuring adherence to agency philosophy, policies, and professional standards, as well as federal, state, and county regulations.
- Supervise the development of employees’ skills and knowledge through orientation, training, and evaluation. Tasks involved include, but are not limited to: performance evaluations, conducting staff meetings, and staff discipline/counseling.
- Develops and maintains all initial and ongoing training related to electronic client records; ensures proper and timely documentation from staff.
- Complete all necessary documentation and submit by appropriate deadlines.
- Responsible for the completion of all other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
- Thirty-seven and one-half hours per week. Schedule encompasses varying days and hours including periodic observation of all shifts.
- Exempt management position.
- On-call on as necessary to meet program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university & 2 years work experience working directly with individuals with I/DD, OR Associates degree/60 credit hours from an accredited college/university &
4 years work experience working directly with individuals with I/DD.
- Supervisory and 6400 regulation experience preferred.
- I/DD program manager, supports coordinator, or behavior specialist experience preferred.
- Therap/ECR experience a plus.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply. Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.