The Program Manager serves as the operational leader of up to (3) community homes serving between (1) and (4) individuals to fulfill Mainstays Mission; to provide life-long, high-quality support services, ensuring that people with intellectual disabilities and autism lead fulfilling lives. The primary responsibilities of the program manager include ensuring health and safety of the occupants of the home, maintaining daily operations, and managing administrative activities necessary to meet all the federal, state, and local requirements for a group community living arrangement. The Program manager will provide direct supervision of up to 15 Community Living Specialists.
Managing Daily House Operations
- Coordinating all typical, daily household tasks including, but not limited to, meal planning and preparation, laundry, home maintenance, and cleaning; this may include overseeing purchases and managing the house budget.
- Financial management for the home’s occupants”; including managing the cash on hand and ensuring people living at the home have access to money.
- Inventory management for the persons’ items, clothing, furniture, equipment, etc.
- Physical site and transportation management
- Coordinating and managing the monthly schedule
- Supporting problem solving
- Responding to emergency situations as they emerge.
Supervision & Oversight
- Personnel management in the home (in coordination with HR) hiring, transferring, termination, training, performance evaluation, regular formal supervision, and any disciplinary actions
- Providing supervision and oversight of all home occupants and all colleagues on the team.
Managing the Health & Safety Individuals Served
- Overseeing effective medication management and administration in accordance with all Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Overseeing compliance with all medical appointments
- Maintaining effective communication with family, friends, and other people important in an individual’s life.
- Maintaining the content, integrity, and security of all documentation, whether in paper or electronic format, that comprises the health and care record(s) of service and supports delivered. All documentation must include language that is person centered and trauma informed.
- Demonstrating proficiency for use of technology in documentation (including but not limited to electronic client record software, Microsoft Office, email, payroll time keeping, etc.). Accurately and thoroughly completes and submits timely, all required documentation in accordance with organization, program, and payer specific, policies, practices, procedures, and guidelines.
- Providing Direct Care (as needed) to ensure that the team is functioning to support the health and safety of the people served.
Organization Management and Administration
- Provide input and assist in the monitoring of the agency budget and program expenditures.
- Stepping forward and taking a stand for what is right when made aware of Mainstay Code of Conduct violations, including but not limited to unethical behavior of others.
- Completing all required annual compliance and integrity training.
- Support and actively model values associated with Social Role Valorization, Everyday Lives, and Charting the Life Course.
Responsible for the completion of other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Team Building
- Supervising Others
- Organization & Planning
- Attention to Detail
- Training Others
- Performance Management
- Demonstrate Initiative
37.5 hours per week. Schedule encompasses varying days and hours including periodic observation of all shifts. On-call as needed.
High School/GED with a minimum of two years work experience working directly with individuals in human services (or individuals who experience intellectual disability and autism). Experience with 6400 regulation experience and one year of supervisory experience preferred. Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
Employment with Mainstay Life Services is an “at will” relationship. “At will” means that employment is of no specific length. It also means that employees and Mainstay Life Services both retain the discretionary right to terminate employment at any time if either is dissatisfied for any reason.
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply. Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.