Full-time, benefited hourly position – Up to $20.50 per hour, based on experience and formalized training/certifications
Mainstay Life Services, a $20M Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organization, is recruiting for the position of Maintenance Technician. Responsibilities include:
- Performs a wide variety of skilled maintenance duties related to the agency’s residential and administrative office facilities.
- Completes minor repairs; reports necessary major repairs.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Routine maintenance of equipment and appliances,
- Painting of facilities,
- Light construction,
- Basic carpentry,
- Routine electric, heating/cooling and plumbing,
- Preventative maintenance,
- Moving of furniture, and
- Price, purchase and install (or arrange for installation of) major home appliances.
- Ensures physical sites always remain in compliance with 6400 regulations, where applicable.
- Fields on-call site emergencies and responds as needed.
- Requests and purchases maintenance supplies as needed; submits purchase orders, invoices, receipts or other documentation of purchases.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to maintain records and reports as required.
- Minimum of two years maintenance experience (in residential setting preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Sufficient physical strength to withstand maintenance tasks.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Formalized training/certification preferred.
Candidates must successfully pass Act 33/34 clearances and pre-employment/random drug testing.
Mainstay Life Services offers a competitive benefits package:
- Cigna HealthCare – two comprehensive plans available as low as $30 per month for employee coverage (available month following 30 days of employment),
- Dental and vision benefits also available (available month following 30 days of employment),
- Generous Health Savings Account employer annual deposit – $1,000 employee coverage/$2,000 family coverage,
- 401K – 100% employer match on first 5%,
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – from 18 to 42 days off per year with seniority,
- Tuition reimbursement and education leave for continuing education in professional field,
- Employer paid life insurance & long-term disability,
- Verizon Wireless discount on personal cell phone,
- Paid Training throughout career,
- Historic record of annual increases and bonuses for all employees.
For consideration, please forward resume to KBrodnick@MainstayLifeServices.org.
Mainstay Life Services, 200 Roessler Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V/SO