Interested candidates should submit a resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mainstay Life Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Mainstay Life Services, a $28M nonprofit organization providing life-long, high-quality support services ensuring that people with intellectual disabilities and autism (ID/A) lead fulfilling lives, is recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Payroll Specialist.
The Payroll Specialist ensures the accurate processing and recording of Agency’s payroll, time and attendance and personnel/benefit status changes, staff profile information and staff expense reimbursements.
This position is a hybrid job which may allow for remote work as well as in-office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for processing accurate payroll in a timely manner for the agency, which includes the following systems, administrative and reporting tasks:
- Systems support includes resetting the payroll system at the start of each cycle and initiating data imports for new hires, transfers & terminations between the timekeeping and payroll systems. Assignment of roles, work rules, deductions, insurance codes, uploading leave balances, troubleshooting problems and issues.
- Ensuring accuracy of all payroll deductions, including timely remittance of 401k and HSA contributions.
- Manage, review and reconcile all Federal and State tax filings including quarterly and annual returns.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all departmental information to assure employee information is protected.
- Administrative tasks include entering all new hire information, adding new site locations, time and attendance. Also entering health insurance/HSA information when eligibility requirements are met and all other HR-related new hire entries.
- Enters existing employee personnel data changes, including but not limited to transfers, terminations, profile data changes, HR-related compliance information, etc. accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review, calculate and reconcile staff expense reports on a bi-weekly basis and administer staff assignment or termination of gasoline credit card.
- Develops and distributes a variety of payroll and timekeeping related reports including, error reports (missed punches, labor transfers, etc.), overtime report, wage and garnishment reports, and monthly staff expense reports.
- Assists managers, supervisors and direct care staff in a variety of areas, including but not limited to understanding proper payroll procedures, PTO balance tracking and problem resolution.
- Assisting with other general accounting activities as needed. Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
- Four-year degree in accounting or business; or an Associate degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and two years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems and time and attendance.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
- Ability to communicate to various levels of management.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Strong Excel skills
Benefits for the Position
Mainstay Life Services offers a number of very generous benefits to employees including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Generous Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Plan with employer match, Employer paid Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, Employer paid, Credentials and Staff Development, Paid Training, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Loan Forgiveness, Employee Referral Bonus Program and more!
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.