Community Living Specialist – Home and Community Supports
The Community Living Specialist is responsible for the general growth, development and well-being of the people they support through the Home & Community Supports program.
- Care for those served with dignity and respect while providing them an opportunity to exercise choice
- Integrate those served within the community; organize and implement activities within person’s home and/or community
- Encourage, guide, and train those served to develop competencies, including daily living skills and interpersonal skills
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed in a thorough and timely manner
- Assess and evaluate behaviors and skills of those served
- Implement outcome action plans outlined in the person’s Individual Support Plan (ISP), as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Complete written service notes and report billing hours as directed
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled, mandatory staff meetings, meetings with the person’s support team (as necessary), training seminars, and supervisory sessions
Full Time and Part Time schedule / Flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligibility for Act 33/34 clearances
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Must be 18 years of age
Areas in need of staff
- South Hills/Carrick/South Park/Mt Oliver
- Robinson Twp/West End
- Sq Hill/Penn Hills
To continue providing the highest quality of care to those we support, Mainstay Life Services requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide exemption for consideration.
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.